Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Who Gives a Fluff About the Oxford Comma?

It's warming up everywhere and I feel like the world is getting happier. Personally, my favorite time of the year is Fall, but nonetheless I am pleased by summer's arrival. So much so, in fact, that I can't keep my nose in a book for more than ten minutes without getting distracted. I am writing a creative biography on the life of Ann Wigmore (she is incredible), and it is due via e-mail on Monday. Monday is Memorial Day, a holiday, (sneaky professor's) so thus I can choose to enjoy my holiday at the park with friends, or furiously typing at my computer all just to compose a lousy first draft. As of now, I am choosing the latter, because typing blog posts and dreaming about the weekend is much more fun.

There are only two more weeks of school until finals and I couldn't be more excited. This year for us, summer entails many adventures and I am looking forward to them tenfold. As long as I am with Jeff I am content, but having plans and getting away makes me very excited. Well, most of the time I am content with Jeff. Today he was being a silly pest and I told him to go home, but I can't really do that anymore. Which is way better, so I'll take it. :)

One of my summer plans, beside tackling a long list of books to read, is to start envisioning/outlining what I want to write for my first annual participation in National Novel Writing Month!! I cannot believe I hadn't heard about this until this year, but I am more than excited to do it. Next Fall I will be immersed in great amounts of schoolwork, but I feel that a plan will help me stay on track a bit. With some flexibility, hopefully I can spend the wee hours of the morning writing my novel, rather than finishing homework like this trimester. And if you have any ideas for a novel, I am completely open as of now! The possibilities are endless.

Well, have a great Thursday night, here are a few Photo Booth pictures for you to enjoy:


Hmm, looks like we've got a singer in our hands, folks!



This little gem showed up in my mail. Don't mind if I do vote for Ron Paul, if he would just pull through!


We were obviously on different pages about the pose.


I've always been told I have big eyes. I think I see it now..

2 comments:

  1. How did I not know you had a blog? I'm super excited for your novel adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! love the photos. :) And good luck with your novel! That's so fun! If I were a better writer... I might attempt it.
    I wanted to reply to your kind comment, but I couldn't find your email anywhere. So here's my reply:
    Thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed my post! It's one of those that came to me as I was walking out of church and I knew I had to hurry home and write it down. :)
    I. LOVE. MIKELLE! She's one of my bff's! That's so crazy that she is your cousin! :D
    Congrats on starting the blog. The blogging community is the best. I hope that you love it just as much as I do! And I'm sure that we will meet one day. :) Blog popularity doesn't mean anything, as long as you are blogging for you.

    ReplyDelete