Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

The "Aha Moment"

photo taken from my front porch

That moment when what you are doing makes sense; the one no one can hand you, or that you cannot physically reach for or obtain. Since my life is currently measured by school terms, the "Aha Moment" is always reached at a different point in each term. 

I often think about what I would have missed out on in life if I would have given up when I wanted to. And sadly, there are still many things I regret not following through with. Each step I get closer to obtaining an undergraduate degree, the more overwhelmingly grateful I feel to be finishing what I started. But it isn't the same for everyone. Maybe it's a dental hygiene program, maybe it's a hair academy, or an advancement in work, or saving money, or raising children. Whatever it is, I hope you do it with all your heart.

I am continually grateful for order in my life. If our bedroom isn't clean and the dishes aren't done, I get stressed out not because I'm obsessed with cleanliness, but because it makes a difference to me. I get anxiety easily, and I try to embrace any reason to help me feel calm. 

So today, I embrace that I am caught up with school, [finally] not running around with my head cut off, and able to soak in what the meaning of this whole thing is. Because I know that another day, another week, I will feel worried and overwhelmed and I just may forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment